History of Local 150
Plumbers & Steamfitters Local Union 150 was founded in 1908. The group was made up of 10 plumbers and 2 steamfitters who were initiated on March 28, 1908. The Apprenticeship Training Program began in 1951. The Local has been representing plumbers, fitters, HVAC service technicians and pipe welders on the job site and in the shop for over 100 years.
It is our goal to achieve quality craftsmanship for all of our mechanics through our apprenticeship program and continuing education for our journeymen.
1949 Journeymans School, Sand Bar Ferry Rd.
Check out that phone number!!
- 1949 Journeymans School, inside view.
- Apprenticeship training began in this building on Greene St. in 1951. It was replaced in the 1980's with our current building.
- Apprentice Training Center as it is today.